Masdar and IRENA Engineering Scholarships
The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology (Masdar Institute) is a graduate level, research-oriented university that offers full financial scholarships for aspiring Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Material Science and Engineering, Engineering Systems and Management, Water and Environmental Engineering, Computing & Information Science, Electrical Power Engineering, and Microsystems.
Masdar Institute of Science and Technology is the world’s first graduate-level university dedicated to providing real-world solutions to issues of sustainability. The Institute’s goal is to become a world-class research-driven graduate-level university, focusing on advanced energy and sustainable technologies. Located in Abu Dhabi, the capital of the United Arab Emirates, Masdar Institute aims to support Abu Dhabi’s economic diversification by nurturing highly-skilled human and intellectual capital and partnering with industry leaders transforming the economy in to a knowledge based one and enhance the position of Abu Dhabi as a leader in global energy. The Institute, which was created in collaboration with the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), integrates theory and practice to incubate a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship, working to develop the critical thinkers and leaders of tomorrow. Only the brightest UAE nationals and international graduates, who demonstrate exceptional intellectual and entrepreneurial strengths and are committed to addressing the world’s energy needs, may join Masdar Institute. With its world-class faculty and top-tier students, the Institute is committed to finding solutions to the challenges of clean energy and climate change. Masdar Institute also seeks to be a leading renewable energy and clean technology player, by providing a test bed for the world to develop commercially viable, sustainable energy solutions, providing applied research for the four corporate arms of its allied Masdar group and the UAE as a whole. Masdar Institute is situated in Masdar City, an emerging global clean-technology cluster that aims to be one of the world’s most sustainable urban developments, powered by renewable energy and providing students with a unique opportunity to live and learn in a true “living laboratory” environment.
- Masdar Institute accepts applications from qualified local and international students. Acceptance into the programs depends on academic qualifications and English proficiency, as all lectures, laboratory sessions, and written/oral examinations at the Institute will be conducted in English.
- All successful applicants to Masdar Institute are offered an engineering scholarship which provides full financial support. The scholarships, which are available to students from all nationalities, include all tuition fees, laptop, medical insurance, housing, travel expenses, and a cost of living allowance. In the online application, applicants can also indicate if they wish to apply for the IRENA scholarship. (The benefits of the Masdar and IRENA scholarship are exactly the same. IRENA scholars have additional talks and programs organized by IRENA)
- IRENA scholarships are offered annually at the Abu Dhabi based MASDAR Institute of Science and Technology (MI).
- IRENA scholarships offers full engineering scholarship for 2 years (including tuition, textbooks, housing, medical insurance, laptop, and travel expenses) with no bonds upon graduation. It also offers a possibility for first-hand experience with IRENA through an internship.
- The engineering scholarship offers excellent networking potential, exclusive access to IRENA Lecture Programme, innovative academic environment, specialised renewable energy courses and state of the art laboratories. It also includes a multidisciplinary research approach with more than 30 projects underway and academic programs developed with MIT in a highly diverse and dynamic environment.
To apply for Masdar and IRENA Engineering Scholarships,
- click on this link. It covers information on entry requirements, how to apply, accept and defer offer. It covers information on entry requirements, how to apply, accept and defer offer. It also includes helpful information about eligibility requirements, scholarship conditions and the application form.